Last year marked the first ever ‘Medical Futures Conference’ at Concord, where students from across Shropshire, Telford, Wrekin and even further afield gained valuable insights into future medical careers.
Students from 16 schools across the region attended, alongside 70 of Concord’s prospective medics.
The day comprised of lectures, workshops, practical sessions and informal discussions with an array of medical professionals, admissions officers and current medical undergraduates – some of whom, were Concord Alumni. CAN YOU HELP THIS YEAR?
Date of the conference: Saturday 2nd
We need Alumni to help…
- We need current medical undergraduates (studying different specialties)
- We need fully qualified medical professionals (working in different specialties)
For further details about the event and for those wishing to volunteer, please comment below with your full name, years at Concord, and current subject / profession.
- It will help boost your CV
- It adds to your voluntary works experience
- It gives you more experience of face-to-face tuition/advice
- It gives back to Concord and helps others
- It gives you the opportunity to see Concord’s £11m state-of-the-art Science Block
- It allows you to network with other medical Alumni and professionals
- Lunch and snacks included, free of charge
- Reasonable ‘standard’ transport costs to/from the event up to £100 reimbursed, within UK (to be confirmed)
Last year’s conference was ‘a huge success’…
Head of Science and organiser of the event, Mr Barry Brown said: “Students received valuable advice on how to write excellent personal statements, choosing the right medical school and thriving in interviews and admissions tests.
“All students were given the opportunity to take part in both theoretical and practical-based workshops too.
“The 14 universities represented also advised on the application process, and tailored help to all the pupils in deciding where best to apply to.”
Mr Brown added: “The day was a huge success, and I would like to thank all involved in the planning, organisation and delivery of the conference.
“Concord hopes to run this event annually, to continue to support the region’s aspiring medical students.”For further details about the event and for those wishing to volunteer, please comment below with your full name, years at Concord, and current subject / profession.Concord Alumni - Because helping one another is what we do best.